Wines of Santorini
The unique soil composition of Santorini's land, a true volcanic gift, combined with the microclimate conditions of low rainfall but high humidity, are the canvas on which the local vine varieties such as Asyrtiko, Nyhteri, Vinsanto, can express their best qualities. Baikas Travel is offering you the experience of a comfortable semi - private tour around the most important Wineries of the island, so that you can discover the secrets of the wines that conquered the world. Our tour includes visits to:
1. Pick up &Drop off at the place of your choice.
Our driver-guide meet you by our luxury mini bus Mercedes outside of your hotel or at the nearest pick up point in case there is no entrance for cars.
2. Visit Koutsoyannopoulos winery that it occupies a natural cave.
Our first stop, will be at the wine museum of the island that it is eight meters below ground, 300 meters long and has a labyrinth-like shape. The Wine Museum presents the history of wine and the life of vine-growers in Santorini from 1660 to 1970.The visitors can learn about the history of wine by viewing semi-mobile and still-life figurines. An automatic audio guide is available in fourteen languages. Taste of 3 wines
3. Next stop , Argyros winery , that it is the most modern winery on the island and you can taste 4 local wines- local tapas and the famous chocolate vinsanto that they produce.
4. Then, we will meet Profitis Ilias Mountain to take panoramic photos of Santorini and breathe the fresh air of the island. From here you can see all the points of the island and the magic of it.
5. Our driver will take you at the South area of the island to visit 2 local families producers in Akrotiri and taste wine, local desserts and local products without chemicals that all of them are home made.
In one of them you can Bottle your own wine!!
6. Final, stop at the light house of Akrotiri to see the wonderful-famous sunset of Santorini that many tourists come only for it. From here you can admire it without so many tourists like Oia.
7. Guidance from an experienced guide in each winery.
8. Learn about the unique viticulture & the indigenous grape varietals.
15 total Wine tastings/person
8. At the end of the tour we can stop at selected restaurant in Akrotiri for dinner
The shared tour is every Monday, Thursday, Saturday at 16:30-21:00 and upon request.
In the price included tickets and wine tastings in each stop and excluded the dinner that it depends from your order.
The best deal on Santorini for Wine Tours
70€ per person / Duration 5 hours / tickets in the wineries , Tasting fees & taxes included
Your party will be grouped with others on a comfortable, air conditioned mini bus mercedes
excluded the menu of the dinner on the restaurant.
Special deals for groups.
BOOK NOW our last 4 SEATS FOR 28/6 - 30/6 - 05/07 - 07/07
Send us mail NOW for availability and pick up times from your hotel.